The Gift of Life
- Make Your Wish to be an Organ Donor Known to your family.
- Declare your wish on your driver's license.
- Join the donor registry if your state has one.
- Include donation in your advance directives, will, and living will.
- Tell your family. They can be your advocate should you become a donor candidate. They will make the ultimate decision to or not to donate when the time comes. Make sure you tell them what your wishes are.
- Tell your physician, faith leader, and friends.
- Complete a donor card and carry it in your wallet.
- Give the Gift of Life-Become an Organ Donor.
- Let your family know of your wish to donate at your death.
- There are far fewer donor organs than those who need those organs.
- Register with an agency that keeps donor records.
- Ask your family to honor your request to donate.
- Live the rest of your life knowing you are giving this most precious gift.